Thursday, August 29, 2013

Post 4

Bula Vinaka Kapaa 2nd Ward!

Well the MTC is amazing and the spirit is so strong! I love how we all have the same purpose here and are working so hard to prepare ourselves to the best of our abilities before we go out into the mission field. Sometimes I wonder how this place has such a strong spirit and then someone told me that when you think about it, this is probably the only place that EVERY single person in this vicinity is worthy of and has a temple recommend. What a blessing it is to be surrounded by faithful and worthy servants of the Lord.

The language is coming along. We had to teach a lesson the second day we got here, in Fijian! All I knew how to say was "Bula Vinaka! Vakacava tiko?" which is "hello. how are you?" I couldn't teach a lesson with just that. So that night me and my companions studied so hard. I've never studied so hard in my life. Now that I look back at that experience it's amazing to see the progression and the gift of tongues in full effect. 

I hope you are all doing well. I would like to leave with a challenge to read my favorite book in the book of mormon. the book of Enos. It talks about prayer and how important it is in our lives today. I testify of the importance of prayer and that it is a gift from our Father in Heaven. We're the ones who get to choose when to pray and where to pray. The challenge is actually doing it. Our Father in Heaven wants to hear about everything that's going on. I know He answers our prayers and I know that it is at times of trials and hardships that He is carrying us. 

I love you all and miss you! Pray to our Heavenly Father and He will help you and guide you through your lives. I leave the MTC next Saturday Sept. 7th.

loloma levu,
sista chong



After playing in the rain

Classroom
Going FOB
Her District

No comments:

Post a Comment