Monday, January 12, 2015

Ua Pau!



bula mama!!!

ill see you in 4 days!!! that's all. hahaha jokes!! i dont have much to say besides I LOVE MY MISSION!!! it's amazing how much you can learn in only 18 months. the Lord just works you and works you and if you let Him do it, then you will change your life to become more like His. that's what a mission is all about. becoming like our Savior. 

the biggest lesson ive learned is to rely on the Atonement. im sure ive already told you this but it really is the best lesson ive learned on my mission. i guess i had to go through some pretty hard things before i realized i couldnt do it alone. and now i can't imagine doing anything without His help. i know that He suffered not only for our sins but to give us the enabling power that we need to overcome the hardships and the sadness that we face daily. He is the only one that can help us fully because He is the only that knows what we're going through. 

yesterday in church our bishop made us say prayers, share our testimonies, and they sang the fijian farewell song, "Isa, isa" ofcourse i cried like a little baby hahaha!! it has been such a blessing to finish my mission here in lami. the members are so loving and have helped us so much!! it is the place to be. i have learned so much from them and it breaks my heart to know that i have to leave them. sometimes i think it's harder to leave fiji, then home. did that make sense? man my english is pretty bad. sorry. but i will miss the people that ive come to love!!! im gonna miss fiji!! im gonna miss everything about it, but will bring back with me as much as i can.

today we went to a members house and prepared a lovo (imu) for lunch. it was so fun!! we're emailing now while it's cooking and we're gonna go back at eat. it was so nice!! they made it for us, for our last week here in lami. 

my new year's resolution is to continue to strengthen my faith and testimony in the Gospel everyday. never miss a day of scripture study because i dont want to loose this drive that i have now. im grateful for my mission and the opportunity the Lord gave me to serve His children. it has taught me so much and i can see that i have no regrets!! au lomani kemudou!! sota tale!! se vo va na siga :)

loloma levu,
sista chong


My Rotuman Family



No comments:

Post a Comment